Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Racing Game Intro Appreciation

"F1 Race Star" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TbwZF_6v7w&feature=player_embedded
The level intro in this game is very short but there are plenty of valuable things that I should learn. First of all, I like the first shots a lot, where the camera pans and zoom on the back of one of the cars. That shot has clear depth: foreground, mid-ground and background:


Then the camera fly throw a group of castles, I suppose that's the shot of the landmark. Then the camera shoots every car, I think I need to give some quick close-ups to some of the players.

Another thing I have noticed is that the camera is constantly moving, as a viewer I feel the movement of the camera is very smooth. It might not give the viewers' brain enough time to "process" all those epic shots, it is like the impressionism painting, viewers only get some epic "impressions".

But the intro does not really show much of the track.

Baijiu Racer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzK33CuQVNU


I like it shows the prettiest scene on this level at the beginning. It starts from the sky and top of the mountains then rotating the camera and focus on the lake, dragon boats and the lily flowers.

Like the "F1 Races Star", it does not show too much of the map, it does not show any of the stunts and obstacles. I want to do the same, which I want to spend most of the shots on the beauty shots of my map and the players' cars.

Here is another video I found that is interesting, it is not a game map intro but some of the shots inspires me a bit. The game is called "KartRider"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBoTw9UNF7s&feature=player_embedded#!


No comments:

Post a Comment