Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Rigging and Weight Painting

I have to say that my character is not easy to paint weights. While I was painting weights, I have restart for 3 times because of lacking experience. I think that it is very important to know how the weights affect skins. I need to keep testing the weights in Maya, and then import the model into UDK to test again, because sometimes everything work fine in Maya but the weights do not work well in Animset.

Due to the fact that my character has many bags and gears around her body, I grouped those gears separately and bind them on different joints, therefore they can be constraint by different joints. Those joints that control all the pockets also have weights on the vest, so the vest and the pockets could move together without stretching too much. It is pretty challenging to add weights and make it working for this character, she works fine at the end, but I think I need more practices on painting weights.




No comments:

Post a Comment